If I knew the direction around here, I think I could help” is often said and if it isn’t said, it’s in the minds of employees with good intentions for the organization. As leaders, providing vision and direction are two primary roles.
What is a strategic plan?
It’s a planning process that is a reflection of the culture created by leadership as well as the culture the organization wishes to shape. The plan involves:
- Careful process for defining the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Mindful examination of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities andthreats the organization faces.
- A goal-setting process for moving the organization in the direction of its defined success.
What are strategic tactics?
Once corporate strategy is established, tactical plans bring strategic goals to departments and individuals. This part of the planning process is directly linked to how organizational performance is managed. Managers and employees must:
- Contribute their ideas for attaining corporate goals.
- Develop departmental plans and individual metrics to contribute to achieving strategic goals at all levels, the organized is aligned to the strategic plan.
- Everyone has the opportunity if they are willing and able to achieve great things for the organization and themselves.
“The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach”. Benjamin Mays